This is such an easy and YUMMY gift to make! Plus, who doesn’t like pie? Well, except my husband of course.
You will need glass jars (canning/mason), pie crust, pie filling of your choice.
You will be cooking IN the jars so you will need to sanitize them first, just boil them for a bit and you are good to go.
1) Grease/butter jars and set aside. I used butter but had a hard time getting it in the very bottom.
2) Roll out dough. I used premade dough and rolled it just a little bit thinner.
3) Use jar lid and cut a circle out of dough. Once cut place in bottom of jar.
4) Cut remainder of dough in strips and place in jars (see pic)
5) Add pie filling. Only fill about 2/3-3/4 full, you will need room for crust to expand, this will make the filling rise.
6) Crimp crust around top. Just like a regular pie you will want to roll down and crimp the edges of your “pie”. This is also why you only fill jars 2/3-3/4 full, you will need room for your crust to expand a bit but still have enough room to place lid on jar once finished.
7) Bake. Bake at 400* for about 35 minutes, time may vary depending on how many jars you are baking and your oven. You will want to bake on a cookie sheet. However, I found it easier to place to cookie sheet in the oven first then place jars on it.
8) Allow to cool. Once cool top with your lid and add a cute ribbon or add a dollop of ice cream and enjoy!
Don't forget to visit MoneySavingQueen.com and check out her daily GIVEAWAY for her Frugal Christmas Ideas!!