There is nothing more that I like better than a quick meal this time of year. Let's face it, we are SUPER busy to begin with, then you add all the holiday hustle to our schedules and well, we just want to curl up in the corner and hide until January. I don't know about you but with all the extra cooking and baking going on the next two months, the last thing I want to do is cook dinner. I am so thankful the Bakery at Walmart makes it easy to get in and out of the kitchen quickly!
I think French Bread Pizza was one of the very first things I EVER learned how to make. I think I was 8 or 9 when my Aunt taught me and I was head over heals in love with the concept! I mean how much easier can it get? These are a great starting point for kids to learn to cook. Just be sure to help them put them in and take them out of the oven.
French Bread Pizza
1 Loaf Marketside French Bread
1 Jar Ragu Pizza Sauce
Toppings of Your Choice
Preheat oven to 475 degrees1. Cut bread in half, then cut each half in half again lengthwise.
2. Spread Sauce on each piece of bread, I used about 2 TBS per piece.
3. Top each section with cheese.
4. Place toppings of choice on top of cheese.
5. Bake in preheated oven 10-15 minutes. If you like your bread extra crispy, you might need to go up to 20 minutes.
6. Allow to cool and serve. You can either leave them in one big piece or cut into thirds.
Round out your meal with a Salad and Dessert. I picked up a bag of Marketside Salad Mix, a jar of our favorite Marketside Ranch Dressing (it is made with yogurt and only has 40 calories), and I picked up some delicious Cream Cheese Frosted Brownies from the Bakery at Walmart.
I also made this super EASY and QUICK Lasagna this weekend. I guess I am just on an Italian kick right now. At our latest W31 meeting at church, my friend Shelby brought this amazing dish and I just HAD to have the recipe.....and share it with all of you, of course.
Bean Pot Quick Lasagna
1lb Ground Beef
1 Jar Ragu Pasta Sauce
1 pkg Frozen Ravioli (I used cheese)
1 Cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
*You do need a special pot to make this version in, but you could also just make it on your stovetop in a large skillet/pot (be sure to cook your ravioli first if using the stovetop).
1. Place uncooked Ground Beef in your Bean Pot.
2. Cook in microwave for 6 minutes, stirring every 2 minutes. Drain grease from meat once browned.
3. Pour sauce over meat and add the Frozen Ravioli to the pot. Stir.
4. Sprinkle cheese on top.
5. Cook, covered, in Bean Pot 15-18 minutes in microwave.
I added a Marketside Caesar Salad Mix Kit (it comes complete with everything you need) and a loaf of Garlic Bread from the Bakery at Walmart. This also makes a GREAT freezer meal! Just double your ingredients and package up half of the meal to put in the freezer and reheat at a later date.
What are some of your favorite quick meals? Be sure to stop by my recipe section for even more great ideas!